Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tatuaje Havana VI Artistas


Tatuaje Torpedo



6 1/8 x 52 ring



Wrapper: Nicaragua Havana VI Artistas



Binder: Nicaragua



Filler: Nicaragua



Info: This cigar is produced in Nicaragua by Pete Johnson. It is the first cigar produced at the new Don Pepin Garcia factory in Nicaragua. He also produces the Cabiaguan, a great smoke. They are blended in the old stlye of Cuban Cigars. This is a true puros cigar, meaning the cigar has all its tobacco blended from a single country.



Appearance: A dark reddish wrapper with large veins running throughout it. It has some give to the stick but has no blemishes. The stick has a very nice peppery smell to it. It has a thin red and white unassuming looking band. Very basic looking.



The Smoke: I must say I am a big fan of the Cabaiguan. After reviewing the Cabaiguan I could not wait to review the Tatuaje Havana. I pull out my double guillotine cutter and my trusty Vector Tizo blow torch. Initial reaction WOW a nice spicy / peppery flavor just what I like in a good stick. The draw is not bad with nice thick smoke. The burn was pretty much even with a couple slight correction. A nice smooth flavor with no harsh after taste. It lasted 1 hour and 30 minutes.



Review: Grab your car keys and head to your local smoke shop NOW. Pick up this stick and the Cabaiguan and while your at it grab some Don Pepin cigars too. This is a plain looking cigar with a plain band DO NOT let that full you, we all know a good looking band does not make a good smoke and vice versa. This was a nice medium flavored cigar with some nice spice and pepper flavors. Please do yourself a favor and try both of these cigars you deserve it. This stick will definitely be a regular in my humidor.


Reviewed by Ken



Rating: 9.4



Price: $7.00 to $7.50

Well worth it


1 comment:

Humidor said...

The more reviews I read about tatuajes, I think "man, why didn't I find them before". I tried some, and I completely agree with your tasting. Perfect cigars, worth every penny!
Smoke on... Humidor (aka Torget)