Monday, September 1, 2008

A great weekend for a sports fan

It all started Friday night when my son and I went to the Rays game. We sat on the third base line. It was a great game with a 14-3 Rays victory. We got to see a grand slam followed up with a homer. The best part is when I caught a fly ball. I have been to three games this year and have caught 2 fly balls. My son now thinks it is a given that when you go to a baseball game you will always catch a fly ball. Even better the Red Socks lost and those damn Yankees are done. Put a fork in them. Nothing better than New York teams losing.


Then on Saturday night my family and I went to the USF bulls football game. My son had his hair painted green with a fo hawk. We got season tickets and can not wait for the 12th when we play Kansas Jay Hawks. I am a huge football fan/geek. It was my sons first football game ever and at first he was a little disappointed that he was not allowed to go on the field or caught some footballs. It was a good game for the bulls with a 56-7 win, scoring on the first three drives. As a big sports fan this was a great sports weekend and even better the NFL starts in three days.