Monday, September 1, 2008

H. Upmann Cabinet Seleccion


H. Upmann Cabinet Seleccion Robusto

5 x 52 ring guage

Wrapper: Connecticut

Binder: Nicaraguan

Filler: Dominican/ Nicaraguan



Info: This is a limited addition stick. There is four makers in the series H. Upmann, Romeo, Monticristo and Por Larranaga. I have reviewed the Por Larranaga and loved it. Can not wait to review the other two.


Appearance: A light Connecticut shade wrapper with thick veins running through out. The stick looks to be well constructed, with no soft spots or blemish. It has the white, gold and black wrapper like the rest of the series.



The smoke: This is a medium cigar with a nice creamy/ sweet flavor. It has a nice draw and an even burn but had to make one little correction. The cigar is a very smooth cigar with NO bitter or harsh after taste. It"s creamy flavored lasted through out.This is a damn good smoke.


Review: H. Upmann Cabinet Selccion is a DAMN GOOD smoke. I would say it was slightly better than the Por Larranaga Cabinet Seleccion. Again I would strongly suggest picking up the entire collection of Cabinet Seleccion. My local cigar shop (Tampa Humidor) suggested trying this series because they where very good sticks and they were right. I must say the series has hit a home run with me. I hear the Romeo is even better, I can not wait to review it. This stick has found a home in my humidor until the series runs out. Go to your local smoke shop and pick this smoke up, you will not be let down.


Rating; 9.2

Price: $5.50

great smoke/great price

No comments: