Saturday, September 6, 2008

Macanudo Maduro









Macanudo Maduro Hyde Park Robusto

49 x 5 1/2 ring

Wrapper: Maduro

Binder: Mexico
Filler: Dominican / Mexico

Info: It was introduced in 1999 with wrapper grown in the Andres Tuxtla valley in Mexico. It is Mac anudo verison of a medium to full stick with a dark Maduro wrapper.

Appearance: A very dark, almost black wrapper with some small veins. Very firmly packed cigar with a black, gold and white wrapper. It appears to be a full bodied smoke.

The Smoke: I pull out my punch and trustee Vector Tizo blow torch. Initial reaction, a very poor draw so I pull out my cutter to see if I can get a better draw. Not much for flavor what so ever and a mild Maduro. I am not impressed at all. After 45 minutes I had enough.

Review: Macanudo is a name that brings back memories of when I first starting smoking. I think every virgin smoker has had a Macanudo. Unfortunately this stick does not live up to those memories. I love a nice Maduro stick like CAO Brazilia one of my favorite sticks. This maduro did not even come close. I guess if you never smoke a maduro cigar and are not used to something medium to full, this might be a cigar to bridge that gap. This is definitely a one and done smoke. Do not waste your money when there are much better maduro cigars.
reviewed by Ken
Rating: 8.1
Price: $5.25








2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sounds like you like some cigars there eh? Beautiful blog Ken! I bet Melissa("the master blogger") is so proud! haha!

Kafie Cigars said...

Hey there,

Your knowledge and love for cigars caught our attention!

We are just starting but with our love with cigars we have created Kafie Cigars. Quality cigars made in Honduras, for more information please "like" our page! https://www.facebook.com/KafieCigars