Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Macanudo 1968


Macundo 1968 robusto


5 x 50 ring


Wrapper: Honduras


Binder: Nicaragua / Dominican


Filler: Nicaragua / Dominican


Info: This is Macanudo newest cigar and they are looking to attract the medium to full body cigar smoker. Macanudo is known for its mild cigar and most of you have had them when you first starting smoking. They pretty much dominate that market and are looking to offer a stick for the seasoned cigar smoker.


Appearance: It has a dark chocolate Honduran wrapper with some thick veins running throughout. It is nice and firm and appears to be well constructed. No blemish or soft spots. The band is a classic black and gold Macundo band.


The Smoke: I pull out my new triple flame Rocky Patel blow torch with punch and light. Initial reaction the draw was kind of tough, not a smooth as other cigars. The flavor was definitely medium not full flavored like they suggested it was. It is a smooth cigar, with no over powering flavors. I had to make some correction but it was a windy evening on my porch. It had hints of chocolate and coffee. The stick lasted 1 and 30 minutes.


Review: A medium flavored stick with smooth subtle flavors. There was no harshness to it or bitter after taste. All in all I like a stick with some more bolder flavors but for there first entry into the medium to full body cigars not bad. With a little more tweaking I could see Macundo producing a very nice full body cigar. I would suggest that you pick on up to try.


Rating: 9.0

Price: $8.50 to $ 10.50



1 comment:

Happy2bme said...

Yummmm!! I love chocolate!

I went to the dentist today. My dentist tells me my teeth are pretty and very well taken care of. I'm guessing its because I don't smoke. I stick to reading reviews. Its cancer free.