Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Cabaiguan Imperiales








Cabaiguan Imperiales

7 x 47 ring

Wrapper: Ecuadorian Connecticut

Binder: Nicaragua

Filler: Nicaragua


Info: This cigar is blended by Jose Pepin Garcia made in the old world Cuban style. They are hand rolled in little Havana in Miami. He is the owner of Don Pepin cigars and makes Tatuaje cigars. It has became a popular smoke in the last couple years.

Appearance: A light shade wrapper with some small veins. There is a slight tear at the base of the cigar. It has no soft spots and looks to be a nice smoke beside the slight tear. The band is kind of boring.

The Smoke: I pull out my punch and trusty Vector Tizo blow torch. Initial reaction a very smooth medium flavored cigar. It has a nice draw and a slight peppery flavor. No harsh after taste what so ever. It lasted about an hour and 20 minutes and was smooth throughout.

Review: This was a very good cigar, I would recommend picking one up. It appears to be a plain looking cigar but we all know a band does not make a cigar. I was told to try this by Tampa Humidor (the Mecca of cigar bars in Tampa, Fl). I had smoked a Don Pepin cigar and liked it. Now I am a fan of the Cabaiguan and can not wait to smoke the Tatuaje. In the words of the great philosopher Jimmy Walker this cigar is "DYNAMITE". I will definitely stock my humidor with this cigar and tell my friends about it.

reviewed by Ken

Rating: 9.3

Price: $8.00 to $9.00

1 comment:

Happy2bme said...

Dudes,

Add some smokin music to this blog.
Just a thought.

Sincerely,
The Avid Reader