Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rocky Patel Vintage 1992


Rocky Patel Vintage 1992


61/4 x 52 ring


Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sumtra


Binder: Nicaraguan


Filler: Dominican / Nicaraguan



Info: This stick has a 10 year old Ecuadorian Sun Grown Sumtra wrapper with filler tobacco that is 8 years old. This is one of the most popular sticks Rocky has produced. It has a bit more flavor than the 1990 version.


Appearance: A good looking chocolate colored sumtra wrapper with small veins running throughout. Nice firm cigar with no blemishes or soft spots. Once again another quality stick by RP. It has the Rocky red and gold band.


The Smoke: I pull out my double guillotine cutter and my Vector Tizo blow torch. Initial reaction when I think of a med/full this smoke sums it up. It has a nice draw and an even burn. No harsh after taste or bitterness. Just a nice smooth enjoyable smoke. The stick lasted just over an hour.


Review: For medium to full cigar lovers this is the stick for you. If you have been smoking for a while and have not tried this one I do not know what the hell you are waiting for, go to your local smoke shop and pick a couple up. I am a big Rocky fan and this stick will not let you down. Rocky is one of the most popular cigar makers today and this stick is one of the reason why. This is a good cigar to give to a friend that loves medium/full cigars.


Rating: 9.2


Price: $8.00 to $9.00

1 comment:

Happy2bme said...

1992 is vintage? You and I both graduated from high school in 1992. I don't feel I've reached "vintage" status just yet. Look into my eyes... do you see wrinkles?! No, you don't do you. That's because we're still considered young and prospering. I use Clinque daily moisturizing cream to smooth out the uneven skin combination that I have but no wrinkles to consider myself "vintage". What do you use? I think Rocky Patel needs to rename this one to "Prosperous" for it to be a more pleasurable smoke.