Saturday, August 23, 2008

Romeo y Julieta Aniversario no.2


I will be reviewing the Romeo y Julieta Aniversario No. 2. It is a No. 2 belicoso with a 6 1/8 x 52 ring gauge. RJ has an Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper, a Connecticut broad leaf binder, with a blend of three binders Dominican, Nicaraguan and Peruvian.

Appearance: It has a dark chocolate wrapper with some veins. It has a black and silver band and is firmly packed with no blemish on the wrapper. It looks like a well constructed cigar.

I pull out my double guillotine cutter and my trustee Vector Tizo blow torch. It has a nice draw But a bit of a harsh after taste. My initial reaction an average smoke. It is a medium to full smoke that the harshness went away the more I smoked. It lasted about an hour and in the last third the harsh after taste was back. I definitely will not be running out to buy a box of these. There are plenty of other smoke I would buy before this one.

Review: Romeo y Julieta Aniversorryo Sorryo says it all. It was just an average smoke with a harsh/ bitter after taste. I am definitely not giving this stick to my close friends. I will be saving this for the Cigar Mooch. You know that guy at your party that sees your humidor and says "I love cigars can I have one". Then u asked him what kind of stick do you smoke mild, medium or full and he replies I do not know I love Switzer sweets or whatever the gas station has. Stick him with this smoke. The price range is $6.00 to $8.00 pending size. All in all I give it a 8.4. I have had RJ sticks and have liked them. this one was disappointing for all the hype.

reviewed by Ken

No comments: